6 Engaging Social Media Posting Ideas for Travel Companies
Don’t know what to post to promote your travel and tours business on social media?
Running out of content to post?
Social media is one of the most effective forms of marketing today, especially for travel and tours company.
On a platform where everybody can easily share the places they’ve traveled and the pictures they took abroad, people are more prone to feel inspired to do the same.
Social media is a powerful tool for the travel industry because it’s where people gather information and insight into particular places. It’s through social media that people get the chance to do comprehensive research on destinations.
Users spend a lot of time scrolling through social media, and digital advertising is perhaps one of the easiest means to advertise your brand.
This means that as a travel agency, social media marketing is a must. You mainly communicate to and reach your audience through social media platforms.
With this, you must know how to properly curate content that would convert.
And to do this you should follow the golden 80-20 formula.
80% of your content should provide value to your audience. Thus, your social media posts should be 80% informational, educational, and engaging.
And only 20% should be alloted to hardsell promotion.
To help you get started, here are some of the engaging and valuable content that you can post on your social media page to increase engagement, reach, and following:
1. Motivational Quotes
Motivational quotes are one of the most shareable and valuable contents that you can post on your social media page. People will like and share quotes that appeal to them.
Moreover, posting motivational quotes provides a good brand image. It shows that your brand is promoting and spreading positivity.
Here are some motivational quotes that you can share on your social media page:
- “Everything you can imagine is real.”―Pablo Picasso
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” ―Helen Keller
- “Do one thing every day that scares you.” ―Eleanor Roosevelt
- “It’s no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then.” ―Lewis Carroll
- “If we have the attitude that it’s going to be a great day it usually is.” —Catherine Pulsifier
- “You can either experience the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The choice is yours.” —Unknown
- “Impossible is just an opinion.” —Paulo Coelho
- “Your passion is waiting for your courage to catch up.” —Isabelle Lafleche
- “Magic is believing in yourself. If you can make that happen, you can make anything happen.” —Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- “One day or day one. You decide.” —Unknown
2. Travel Quotes
But other than spreading kindness and giving motivation, you can also add some travel quotes to the mix. Quotes that focus on your brand can make your followers feel equally excited about it, too.
Travel quotes are highly beneficial as they can hype your followers, inspire them to travel, and establish that you are a travel agency.
Here are some travel quotes you can use on your social media page:
- “Adventure is worthwhile.” – Aesop
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
- “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.” – Anais Nin
- “We travel for romance, we travel for architecture, and we travel to be lost.” – Ray Bradbury
- “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
- “I travel because it makes me realize how much I haven’t seen, how much I’m not going to see, and how much I still need to see.” – Carew Papritz
- “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” – David Mitchell
- “When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.” – Susan Heller
- “Life is short and the world is wide, the sooner you start exploring it, the better.” – Simon Raven
- “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” – Jack Kerouac
3. Travel Tips
Providing travel tips is beneficial for your brand because it shows valuable content that your clients could use on their next trip.
It would add more value to your content if you provide travel tips that are not always available online. Share what you know from past traveling experiences.
Through this, they can look forward to your next valuable travel tip and add it to their list of to-dos. Here are some examples you may use:
- Wake up early to avoid crowds of tourists
- Take photos with your tripod
- Break out of your comfort zone and appreciate cultures
- Use a waterproof case for your phone
- Be wary of public wifi
- Do some research on the place
- Make copies of important documents
- Keep your family and friends updated
- Safeguard your hotel room
- Research on the best places to eat
The next time they remember a travel tip, your brand might be the first to come to mind – and that’s on marketing!
4. Did You Know
Did you know that you can enjoy free wine at a fountain in Italy?
Through interest, and sometimes even shock factor, you can grab people’s attention. On top of that, you might even wake a desire in them to travel abroad!
Remember that travel facts are easy to search online, and they have an amazing effect on your audience. Overall, they’re a great addition to your valuable content.
Here are some traveling Did You Knows you might want to share with your followers:
- Did you know that traveling makes you smarter?
- Did you know that traveling can strengthen your heart?
- Did you know that France is the top travel spot?
- Did you know that the longest flight was around 30 hours?
- Did you know that the shortest flight can take less than a minute?
- Did you know that the most expensive airport taxi is $235?
- Did you know that pilots and co-pilots must eat different meals?
- Did you know that you can’t see the Great Wall of China from space?
- Did you know that the longest country name can be found in the U.K.?
- Did you know that the world’s tallest sandcastle is in Germany?
5. Frequently Asked Questions
This type of content is also useful in establishing your credibility as a brand. This just shows that you know what your brand is about, and the answers to their most asked questions.
Providing such valuable content will attract your audience to engage with your page, and visit it whenever they need help and information. Here are some examples you can use for your page:
- Is traveling expensive?
- Is traveling safe?
- How to travel with infants?
- How to travel with pets?
- What to do with lost luggage?
- Why do we need to turn off phones on the plane?
- Do we need to be vaccinated before traveling?
- What essential documents do we need to bring?
- What are the common items travelers need to bring?
- How much money should you have in your bank?
6. Engaging Questions
One of the best content that you can post on your social media page to attract engagement and interaction is posting questions and asking your audience for answers.
As a travel agency, you can post engaging questions about travel such as:
- What city would you like to visit?
- If you could fly to another country today, where would it be and why?
- What dessert are you willing to fly across the world for?
- If you could only bring one piece of luggage, what would it contain and why?
- What exotic food would you never try and why?
- What’s one exotic cuisine would you like to try and why?
- If you could master another language, what would it be and why?
- If you could tell tourists about a specific place they should visit in your country, what would it be?
- When traveling, do you prefer going with a travel buddy or going solo?
- If you could travel the world, where would you like to end your trip?
Best Social Media Posting Ideas for Travel Agencies
Creating social media content is time-consuming. And you also need to have graphic and copywriting skills to ensure you create engaging content that will convert.
That is why we created a ready-to-use social media content strategy that is customized for you.
You don’t have to worry about doing extensive research, writing captions, and designing images.
You don’t have to hire a copywriter or a graphic designer just to create daily social media postings for your page.
With our social media content strategy, you save a lot of time and save a lot of money in promoting your business online.
Check out our 365 Days of Social Media Content Strategy for Travel and Tours today and ace your social marketing game.
Follow our Facebook page for more tips like this facebook.com/dgstrategists