7 Engaging social media posting ideas for Dental Clinic and Dentists
Looking for new ways to promote your dental clinic on social media?
Are you having a hard time creating content to keep your audience and followers engaged?
Creating content for dental clinic pages can be a challenge since dentistry is a very specific niche. And let’s admit it, content about pulling teeth, or cleaning dirty gums does not really sound or look pretty on social media.
So if you are a dentist trying to promote your services on social media or a virtual assistant and a social media manager running out of content to post on your client’s page, here are some great content ideas that you can use:
One of the easiest content that you can post on your social media page is quotes about health, well-being, or about life.
People can relate to this type of content. And when they can relate to something, they tend to share it with others.
So catch the attention of your followers and soon-to-be followers with meaningful and inspirational quotes about health.
Here are some examples of health quotes that you can post on your page:
- “Time and health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.” – Denis Waitley
- “A healthy outside starts from the inside.” – Robert Urich
- “A fit body, a calm mind, a house full of love. These things cannot be bought – they must be earned.” – Naval Ravikant
- “The wish for healing has always been half of health.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.” – Irish proverb
- “The more you understand yourself, the more silence there is, the healthier you are.” – Maxime Lagacé
- “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” – Hippocrates
- “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” – William Londen
- “Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness.” – Joseph Pilates
- “I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health.” – Voltaire
Dental Related Quotes
Aside from health quotes, another very good social media material that you can post on your page are quotes about dentistry, oral health, and oral hygiene.
This type of content are good in promoting your services too.
To give you an idea, here are some examples of oral or dental-related quotes:
- ‘Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.’ –Mallory Hopkins
- ‘A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.’ – Charles Gordy
- ‘Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.’ – Mother Theresa
- ‘There is no weaponry in the feminine armoury to which men are so vulnerable as they are to a smile.’ – Dorothy Dix
- ‘She laughs at everything you say. Why? Because she has fine teeth.’ – Benjamin Franklin
- ‘You’re never fully dressed without a smile.’ – Martin Charnin
- ‘Hair is the first thing. And teeth the second. Hair and teeth. A man got those two things, he’s got it all.’ – James Brown
- ‘You don’t have to brush your teeth, just the ones you want to keep.’ – Author Unknown
- ‘An aching tooth is better out than in. To lose a rotting member is a gain.’ – Richard Baxter
- ‘If a patient cannot clean his teeth, no dentist can clean them for him.’ – Martin H. Fishcer
Oral Hygiene Tips
If you are managing or running a social media page for dental clinics, you need to establish your credibility. And one of the best ways to do that is to provide health and oral hygiene tips.
By providing this type of content you are showing that you are knowledgeable in your field. People then tend to make you their primary source of information when it comes to oral health.
And since you are their primary source of information when it comes to teeth and oral health, when they need help, you will be the first one that they will think about.
Here are some examples of oral hygiene tips that you can post on your page:
- Brush teeth thoroughly twice a day
- Floss daily between the teeth
- Visit your dentist at least once a year
- Do not use any tobacco products
- Limit alcoholic consumption
- Treating gum disease may help lower your blood sugar level
- For dry mouth, drink plenty of water, chew sugarless gum, and avoid tobacco products and alcohol
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day for two minutes each time
- Use mouthwash to remove food particles left after brushing and flossing
- Eat a healthy diet and limit sugary food and drinks
With millions of content being shared online, it is hard to compete for the attention of your followers. That is why you need to be creative in creating content that triggers engagement.
And one of the best content that encourages engagement and interaction with your followers and audience is by posting interesting questions.
Posting questions foster a good relationship with your clients while getting to know their preferences, thoughts, and ideas.
Engaging questions can also be an open opportunity for you to spread educational content. Here are some questions that you can post on your page:
- What do you like to bring to a dental appointment?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how scared are you of the dentist?
- What’s the worst part of getting tooth extraction?
- How do you drink your coffee: from the cup or using a straw?
- How often do you get your teeth checked?
- What’s the worst part about visiting the dentist?
- When did you last get your teeth cleaned?
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavor after getting a tooth extracted?
- How would you get your children to enjoy their trips to the dentist?
- What music do you listen to while getting your teeth done?
Would You Rather
Would You Rather questions are another type of engaging question which give your audience options or answers to choose from. They get more traction and are also entertaining.
Here are some would-you-rather questions that are customized for dental clinic pages:
- Would you rather have bad breath for a week or get your tooth extracted on the spot?
- Would you rather have no teeth for the rest of your life or have shark teeth for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather drink sour milk or brush your teeth with soap?
- Would you rather be forced to floss five times a day or have golden teeth for the rest of your time?
- Would you rather use somebody else’s dentures or somebody else’s toothbrush?
- Would you rather drool every time you drink or drool every time you eat?
- Would you rather attend a public event without your front tooth or speak to strangers with bad breath?
- Would you rather go without your phone for a week or not feel anything in your mouth for a month?
- Would you rather have a root canal or not be allowed to brush your teeth for two weeks?
- Would you rather have a full set of upper and lower braces for a year or get your teeth cleaned at the dentist once a week?
Entertaining or humorous content can be shown by posting dental facts. You can highlight fun facts and generally make visiting the dentist fun, too!
These bite-sized dental facts are easy to read and easy to remember, which can lead to more engagement from your audience. Here are some dental facts you can use on your dental clinic page:
- 25% of adults do not brush their teeth twice a day. Not brushing twice a day increases the risk of tooth decay by 33%
- The hardest substance found in the human body is your tooth enamel
- When you do not floss, you are missing over 40% of tooth surfaces
- In a lifetime, a person produces over 100,000 gallons of saliva
- Over 90% of bad breath originates in the mouth
- There are over 700 different types of bacteria in your mouth
- Those who drink three or more cups of soda per day are 62% more likely to suffer from tooth decay, tooth loss, and filling than others
- Right-handed people tend to chew food on the right side of their mouth, while left-handed people tend to chew their food on the left side of their mouth
- Like your tooth prints and fingerprints, your tongue is also unique
- 73% of Americans would go to the grocery store than floss their teeth
Did You Know
There is a handful of Did You Know facts on the internet that you can use, which can pique the interest of your clients.
This type of content can also catch the attention of your audience. You can even introduce some shocking facts for that “shock factor” that marketing experts like to use.
So the next time someone remembers that tooth prints are as unique as fingerprints, you’ll be the first brand to come to mind!
Here are some Did You Know facts that you can use on your dental clinic page:
- Floss is also quite durable. A West Virginia inmate once used dental floss to braid a rope, which he used to scale a building and escape in 1992
- 61% of adults admit that they are attracted to somebody’s smile alone
- More people prefer blue toothpaste over red toothpaste
- A woman smiles, on average, 68 times per day. Meanwhile, a man smiles, on average, eight times per day
- In 1866, Lucy Beaman Hobbs became the first licensed female dentist
- The earliest dentist known by their name is Hesi-Re. He lived in Egypt over 5,000 years ago
- The first toothbrushes were tree twigs
- Ancient Greeks used pumice, talc, alabaster, coral powder, or iron rust as toothpaste
- George Washington never had wooden teeth. His dentures were made from gold, hippopotamus tusk, elephant ivory, and human teeth
- In 1986, the winner of the National Spelling Bee won by spelling ODONTALGIA (which means toothache)
Best posting ideas for Dental Clinics
Creating the right content for your dental clinic page can result in high engagement and conversion.
But creating the right content for a specific industry like dentistry can be challenging. It can also be time-consuming especially if you are a busy dentist or a busy business owner.
That is why we created a customized ready-to-use social media content strategy specific to dental clinics and dentists.
You don’t have to research, design and write a post.
You don’t need to hire a social media manager or a graphic artist.
With our ready-to-use social media content strategy, everything is done for you!
So check out our 365 Days of Social Media Content Strategy for Dental Clinics today to learn more.
Follow our Facebook page for more tips like this facebook.com/dgstrategists